A Brief history of our school; On 25 May 1910 Fathers Malone and Mulqueen became trustees for the church of a portion of allotment 74, land Parish of Tongala, County of Rodney.
Construction of a brick church on this property commenced in 1909, and this church in the centre of Tongala was blessed and opened on Sunday 28th November, 1909.
It was, of course, dedicated to St. Patrick. St. Patrick's school was opened in 1959.
The first principal was Mother Ignatius and Mother Augustine was also on the founding staff.
In 2009 the school celebrated 50 years of Catholic Education in Tongala.